Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 153 - 8/15

Daily mileage: 10.0
Total trail mileage: 2023.9
Starting location: West Carry Pond Lean-to
Ending location: Pierce Pond Lean-to
Weather: 56 degrees in the morning. 73 - 81 degrees during the day.
Clear and sunny all day.

I am at
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=45.240339,+-70.055485

The trail today was great. It was very gradual and had minimal rocks
and roots. It was close to the easiest terrain that the AT offers.
And, it passed by a number of really nice ponds. And yet, I did a
short day.

I had to stop at Pierce Pond because of the famous pancakes tomorrow
morning and because of the timing of the Kennebec ferry. So, it was a
forced short day. The next two days will be longer though.

When I got to the shelter, I set up my hammock directly next to the
pond. Then, I went swimming for a few minutes. After that, a few of
us walked over to Harrison's Camp to let them know we will be coming
for breakfast and to fill up our water bottles with "wicked good
water". I saw the falls and the tons of hummingbirds at the feeders
right outside the cabin.

I returned to camp, made dinner, chatted with the thruhikers and past
thruhikers about places along the trail, and then am going to bed
early. Mmm, I can't wait for pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment