Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 159 - 8/21

Daily mileage: 16.6
Total trail mileage: 2117.1
Starting location: Carl A. Newhall Lean-to
Ending location: Crawford Pond
Weather: 58 degrees in the morning. 60 - 74 degrees during the day.
Partly cloudy all day.

I am at
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=45.615831,+-69.126676

I saw Katahdin! There was a really good view of the mountain from
White Cap. White Cap had really nice views in general as well. The
trail down obviously had a lot of work done to it. There were really
nice stone steps most of the way.

The rest of the day was easy. I made good time. Everyone said that
after White Cap the trail is pretty much level until I reach
Katahdin. So far that is true.

The leaves are really starting to change now. Some of the leaves are
red, yellow, and orange. It is starting to feel like Fall too. I am
glad I am getting a few days of Fall before finishing up.

I am camping near a pond. There are 4 others here, 3 of which
thruhiked last year. One of the girls broke her arm at this point
last year and continued to hike to Abol Bridge until it could be taken
care of. They gave me a bit of left over food and Snickers.

62.0 miles left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment